Friday, March 4, 2011

Writing to Mr. Blarney

St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner on March 17.  I have a mail box set up in my classroom that magically appeared this week.  I left a letter in the mail box for the students.  They had so many questions, that I said we had better write to Mr. Blarney to get some answers.  I have included a picture of the mail box and a sample to two letters that were written by my students. 

Dear Grade One’s
My name is Mr. Blarney.  Did you know that St.Patrick’s Day is just around the corner?  Yep, on March 17th you can try and catch me if you can, but I have never been captured yet!  I know you will be building your traps at home and bringing them to school, good luck with those.  I’m sure you have lots of questions you would like to ask me, so go ahead and ask your teacher if you can write to me.  Put your letter in my mail box and I’ll get right back to you.  My mailbox will only be available for one week and then it will disappear! 
Mr. Blarney

No comments:

Post a Comment